Welcome students entering Cedar Crest College! It's an exciting time to be at the Crest. Everyone here at the College has a vested interest in you making a successful academic, educational, and social transition to our wonderful, close-knit community. This site provides helpful links about upcoming mandatory activities as well as information about various services that are available to you.
Over the course of the next several weeks, there are a number of things that will need to be done to ensure that you have a smooth transition. We would like to offer two pieces of advice: Adhere to all deadlines and ask questions if you are unsure. We promise that this will make your life so much easier. Note that there are some activities that are only for incoming first-year students, others just for incoming transfer students, and information that is for all new students.
New Students starting in the Fall of 2020:
- Virtual S.O.A.R. Information will be sent to Cedar Crest email addresses
- August 18-19, 2020 - International Student Orientation
- August 20-23, 2020 - First-Year Student Orientation
- August 20, 2020 - Transfer Student Orientation
- August 20, 2020 - Parent and Family Orientation
Visit the Orientation website at www.cedarcrest.edu for more information. Check this site and your email often for updated information. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 610-606-4680.
Register to attend ORIENTATION today!
August Orientation is our largest orientation of the year. This four-day experience is required for all first-time, incoming Cedar Crest students and is always scheduled on the four days leading up to the first day of classes for the fall semester. Orientation is a jam-packed experience designed to highlight everything Cedar Crest College has to offer.
During Orientation STUDENTS will:
- Meet their classmates, academic advisor, and even some professors!
- Learn their way around campus and engage with the local community
- Make tons of new friends
- HAVE A BLAST!
During Orientation PARENTS AND FAMILIES will:
- Learn about what the First Year at college will look like for you and your student
- Learn ways to support your student as they transition into college
- Meet Faculty, Staff, and Administrators that your student will engage with during their first year
- Have a chance to ask any questions
- Gain peace of mind that you are making the right choice for your First-Year Student!
All first-time incoming students are required to attend August Orientation from 8/20/20-8/23/20. Any student who is transferring into Cedar Crest College is required to attend Transfer Student Orientation on 8/20/20 and is welcome to attend the following days at their discretion. International students are required to attend International Student Orientation on 8/18/20 and 8/19/20 and are strongly encouraged to attend traditional orientation as well. Parents and Families of all incoming students will have the opportunity to participate in their own Orientation experience on 8/20/20. All orientation schedules will be available in mid-August.
August Orientation runs from Thursday, August 20-Sunday, August 23 2020 and is MANDATORY for all incoming students.
Check out what is happening on campus through your phone!