I-20 Extension

The completion date on your I-20 is an estimate. If you will not complete your program objective by that date, you must request an extension. The U.S. Immigration regulations require that I-20s remain valid during the course of study.

(.pdf, 385K)

Cedar Crest College Information

Reduced Course Load (RCL) Information

International students in F-1 status are required to maintain full-time enrollment during the school year. If you cannot or will not meet this requirement, you must request a reduced course load (RCL). Federal immigration regulations severely limit a student's ability to be less than full time, and part time enrollment may be allowed only in special circumstances. If you are below full time without authorization after the drop/add deadline, Cedar Crest College is required to report this to SEVIS and you will lose your F-1 status. 

Please review the information sheet below to learn more about RCL, and complete the request form if you believe you meet the requirements for authorization. 

Immigration Information and Forms

Submit this form to Academic Services to request I-20s for your dependents. 

(.pdf, 352K)

I-20 Termination Information

Your I-20 and your student status may be terminated for a variety of reasons. Some of the termination reasons are the result of acceptable actions, including taking a leave of absence or completing your program. Other terminations are the result of unacceptable behavior, like failing to maintain your student status. If your I-20 and student status was terminated for failure to maintain status, and you would like to return to student status, you have two options. Please review this materials to learn more about these options. 

Employment Options

International students may only work off-campus if approved for CPT or OPT. The handouts in this section provide information about Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT). CPT is work or training that is required as a part of your curriculum (for example: a required internship). CPT occurs during your program. OPT is work or training related to your field of study. OPT can occur during or after your program. 

A basic summary of information about CPT and OPT is available at Study In The States

International students may work on-campus through the College's student employment program. 

International students working for pay, through campus employment, CPT, or OPT, may apply for a Social Security Number. International students who are not working for pay are not eligible to apply for a Social Security Number.