Required for all international students

As an international student in the US you are required to file a US tax return every year while you are in the US. Understanding the US tax system and filing a tax return is an overwhelming and confusing experience for any student. To submit your tax paperwork for 2018, you may use the Sprintax preparation service (paid for by Cedar Crest) or submit the paperwork yourself. 

Why should you file a Tax return?

  • The most important reason to file a return is that it is a legal requirement of the United States. Failing to file may impact the status of your current visa and make future US visa applications difficult.
  • Avoid penalties – If you miss the Tuesday, April 15th deadline you may face late filing penalties. Filing prior to this date prevents this, so the earlier you file, the better.
  • You may be owed a tax refund – most international students filing a tax return are due a tax refund for overpaid tax. The average refund is $800 - $1000. It’s worth checking if you are due a refund.

How to file?

All you need to do is:

  1. Register with Sprintax
  2. Complete the online questionnaire
  3. Enter the unique code Spx2018CCC13 in the box on the ‘Review your order’ page
  4. Sprintax will prepare your tax return.

Submit your paperwork yourself

Click here to download the forms you need to submit a federal tax return for 2018. To submit a Pennsylvania tax return you can go here: