International Student Request Form

Use this form to use to request letters, academic plans, updated immigration documents and other items. If you have other questions or need additional help, please contact us at

Please allow us 5-7 business days to complete your request. 

Please click on the link here: International Student Request Form

ESL and Cultural Support Services

Professional language and cultural support is available to students of diverse language and cultural backgrounds. Students can make individual appointments with the ESL Specialist to work on writing, study skills, academic advising, or any other concerns a student might have about being successful in college.  
Please call 610-606-4628 or email for more information or to make an appointment. 

Undocumented and DACA students

Cedar Crest College is committed to supporting our undocumented and DACA students. For more information about campus and community resources, click here

International Student Support Program

We understand that studying in another country is exciting, and it also can be a time of change, adjustment, and stress.  Here at Cedar Crest College we want make sure your study abroad is a positive and growing experience.  That is why we are offering the International Student Support Program (ISSP) to support you while studying in the United States. 

Brought to you by Morneau Shepell and Cedar Crest College, the ISSP is free to use and your information is kept private.  You have unlimited access to articles, tools, resources, and International Student Support Advisors that can help you succeed during your study at Cedar Crest.

 You may call or chat an International Student Support Advisor at any time (24/7) to receive support at that time or choose to schedule an appointment in the future.  You can connect with an advisor who speaks your language and understands your culture, including the challenges you face when studying in another country.  International Student Support Advisors are available to provide support and guidance on many matters, including:

  • Stress, frustration, concern, or uncertainty about any aspect life
  • Difficulty adjusting to Cedar Crest culture or life in another country
  • Worries about upcoming exams or disappointment with academic performance
  • Anxiety about a public speaking assignment
  • Procrastination and building time management skills
  • Tensions with family members, friends, or roommates
  • Loneliness or homesickness
  • Concerns about post-graduation plans
  • Much more!

There are many ways to access 24/7 support:

app logo

Download the free My SSP app from your device’s app store (available on Apple and Android devices) to call or chat an advisor, access articles, tools, and resources to help you succeed.


Visit the website: to chat an advisor, access articles, tools, and resources to help you succeed


Dial: 1.866.743.7732 to speak with an advisor over the phone. If calling from outside of North America, please dial 001.416.380.6578

 Check out the ISSP today!

Travel Alert

Reminder: To travel outside of the US at any time, you MUST bring your passport, your I-20 form(s), proof of financial support and proof of attendance at the college. If you should need assistance when you return, call the college at 610-437-4471. Campus Police will then contact one of us to assist you at the border.

To update your I-20, contact Academic Services. Regular office hours are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm in the Student Success Center of Cressman Library. 

(.pdf, 291K)

Email Communications

This is the text of an email that was sent to all non-US citizens enrolled at Cedar Crest on January 30, 2017, in response to the Executive Order issued by Donald Trump on January 24, 2017. 

(.pdf, 110K)

Know the requirements you must meet to remain in status for immigration

Students on F visas must meet certain enrollment requirements in order to remain in status. Failure to meet these requirements will result in the termination (cancellation) of your I-20. 

Undergraduate students

Must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits (full time) for Fall and Spring semesters. 

Summer enrollment is not required to maintain status unless one of the following exceptions applies to you.

    • Students whose first semester of enrollment at Cedar Crest in during the Summer must enroll in 12 credits (full time). 
    • Students who took the Spring semester off and are returning in the Summer must enroll in 12 credits (full time). 

Graduate students

Must enroll in a minimum of 9 credits (full time) for Fall and Spring semesters. 

Summer enrollment is not required to maintain status unless one of the following exceptions applies to you.

    • Students whose first semester of enrollment at Cedar Crest in during the Summer must enroll for 9 credits (full time).
    • Students who took the Spring semester off and are returning in the Summer must enroll in 9 credits (full time). 

Online Courses

International students may not pursue online programs,  but you are permitted by USCIS to take online courses. Only 1 online course or 3 online credits may be used towards the enrollment minimums listed above. 

  • Example: an undergraduate student who must enroll in 12 credits in the Fall may take a 3-credit online course and 9 credits of on-campus courses to equal the 12-credit requirement. In other words...
    • 3 credits online + 9 credits on-campus = OK for full time status
    • 2 courses online + 2 courses on-campus = 12 credits? NOT OK for full time status
  • EXCEPTION: If you are in your last semester and have only one course remaining for graduation, you may not take this course online. 

Permission to enroll as a part-time student

Students may be permitted to enroll as part-time students (Reduced Course Load, RCL) once per academic level. Part-time enrollment requires prior approval, and may only be approved for reasons defined by USCIS. Please review the Reduced Course Load (RCL) Information section in Information and Resources

Overload requests

Students at Cedar Crest are allowed to enroll for up to 19 credits without special permission. If you register for more than 19 credits, you will be charged an extra fee. If your tuition is paid by a scholarship agency, we strongly recommend that you contact them before registering for an overload to see if they will pay the extra fee. If they will not, you will be required to pay the fee yourself. 

To request permission to register for more than 19 credits, you must submit the Overload Request Form in My.CedarCrest. After you submit your request, it will be reviewed by Academic Services and the Registrar's Office and you will receive a response to your request by email. 


Required for all international students

As an international student in the US you are required to file a US tax return every year while you are in the US. Understanding the US tax system and filing a tax return is an overwhelming and confusing experience for any student. To submit your tax paperwork for the 2021 tax year (due in 2022), you may use the Sprintax preparation service (paid for by Cedar Crest) or submit the paperwork yourself. 

Why should you file a Tax return?

  • The most important reason to file a return is that it is a legal requirement of the United States. Failing to file may impact the status of your current visa and make future US visa applications difficult.
  • Avoid penalties – If you miss the Tuesday, April 15th deadline you may face late filing penalties. Filing prior to this date prevents this, so the earlier you file, the better.
  • You may be owed a tax refund – most international students filing a tax return are due a tax refund for overpaid tax. The average refund is $800 - $1000. It’s worth checking if you are due a refund.

How to file?

All you need to do is:

  1. Register with Sprintax
  2. Complete the online questionnaire
  3. Enter the unique code 21CCC5F  in the box on the ‘Review your order’ page
  4. Sprintax will prepare your tax return.

International Student Transportation

Please be sure to review all of these forms.

This form must be completed for each person being transported.

Please read this form carefully and complete it fully. If you have questions, contact Academic Services at

Immigration, travel, & other governmental links

Study in the States offers free government resources that explain the rules and regulations governing the international student process in the United States.

Use this form to request letters, academic plans, and other items.

Use this link to pay your I-901 fee.

Use this link to request your I-94 form.

Use this link to access forms and information to get a drivers license or register your car.

I-20 Extension

Title Description File type

The completion date on your I-20 is an estimate. If you will not complete your program objective by that date, you must request an extension. The U.S. Immigration regulations require that I-20s remain valid during the course of study.


Cedar Crest College Information

Title Description File type

Post Admission Forms for I-20 Issuance

Title Description File type

Use this form to transfer your SEVIS record to Cedar Crest College from another institution.


Reduced Course Load (RCL) Information

International students in F-1 status are required to maintain full-time enrollment during the school year. If you cannot or will not meet this requirement, you must request a reduced course load (RCL). Federal immigration regulations severely limit a student's ability to be less than full time, and part time enrollment may be allowed only in special circumstances. If you are below full time without authorization after the drop/add deadline, Cedar Crest College is required to report this to SEVIS and you will lose your F-1 status. 

Please review the information sheet below to learn more about RCL, and complete the request form if you believe you meet the requirements for authorization. 

Title Description File type

Immigration Information and Forms

Title Description File type

Submit this form to Academic Services to request I-20s for your dependents. 


I-20 Termination Information

Your I-20 and your student status may be terminated for a variety of reasons. Some of the termination reasons are the result of acceptable actions, including taking a leave of absence or completing your program. Other terminations are the result of unacceptable behavior, like failing to maintain your student status. If your I-20 and student status was terminated for failure to maintain status, and you would like to return to student status, you have two options. Please review this materials to learn more about these options. 

Employment Options

International students may only work off-campus if approved for CPT or OPT. The handouts in this section provide information about Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT). CPT is work or training that is required as a part of your curriculum (for example: a required internship). CPT occurs during your program. OPT is work or training related to your field of study. OPT can occur during or after your program. 

A basic summary of information about CPT and OPT is available at Study In The States

International students may work on-campus through the College's student employment program. 

International students working for pay, through campus employment, CPT, or OPT, may apply for a Social Security Number. International students who are not working for pay are not eligible to apply for a Social Security Number. 


Local and Community Resources